Wednesday, January 15, 2014

BIO

Hey ...so many great and interesting things to say...well my name is Gazania (a South African Flower) I am a wife of almost 10 years a mother of 2 kids (Savannah 10 years old and Brandon 6 years old) and a owner of a 2 year old Siberian Husky. I am 49% west African, 21% east Asian, 20% European, 10% Polynesian ...(yes I did a ancestry DNA test...pretty cool huh!  I was born and raised in Oakland and moved to San Lorenzo when I purchased my first Home.  I have a degree in Electronics, studied dance and Nutrition in college and produce fashion shows. I love to dance (west African, Tahitian, hip hop, interpretive, etc) , model, spend time with my family, travel, serve my creator Jehovah and advocate a healthy lifestyle.This year my hubby and I got in invitation to attend a International Convention in Zimbabwe. So this August will be my first time visiting Africa and I am really excited.

So what brought me to attend Acupuncture school? Well Cancer and Diabetes run rampant in my family. Within the last 8 years I can name at least 10 of my family members who have died from these conditions or have been diagnosed. But what really hits close to home is the diagnoses of my mother. She has kidney failure and breast cancer. My mother really introduced me to holistic health (acupuncture, chiropractor, muscle testing, ) Personally I had begun to get really sick a couple of years ago. I had bad panic attacks, depression, vertigo, irregular menstrual cycle unable to drive for 1 year...I have been to many doctors and changed them 5 times. They all wanted to give me drugs and told me its all in my head and suggest I go to a therapist....long story short....I was diagnosed with diabetes 3 years ago and have worked with my current acupuncturist and chiropractor which has helped me to have regular periods and lessen my vertigo/dizziness. Through this journey of health I have learned a lot and overcome many obstacles. I have learned that though this terrible conditions run rampant in my family there are constants that needs to change...1. Eating habits 2. Exercising 3. Stress management. I plan on specializing and doing more research on using acupuncture in helping with diabetes, high blood pressure and Cancer. I want to educate the population that are at higher risk of these conditions. SO I want to use what I learn to improve my own health and the health of others. I do know that all the sickness and problems in this world is only temporary and soon God's kingdom will bring about perfect conditions on earth, but for now I want to help people cope and heal themselves.

Naturally Gazania
:)

4 comments:

  1. Love the pic and energy of your page! So positive and vibrant!

    Keep shining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you did the DNA test to learn more about your heritage, and thanks for sharing about your personal experience with Chinese medicine. The 3 things you talk about dealing with are major issues in our population at large as well, and drawing from your personal journey will really help you help others!

    ReplyDelete